MiaZhouSandrelli

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Last Day in Beijing, Can't wait to be home





I am here at the computer the night before our departure and as fascinating as the trip and the country have been, I have to say I can't wait to get out of here!

Seriously, it is true in a large way as we miss Jack and Harry incredibly and as good as the food and beer have been, this country takes a toll. Thinking back, we have had the amazing opportunity to have nothing but Mia in our lives for the past 6 days and she and we are no doubt the better for it. We all get so busy in our lives day to day and forget how much a difference it means to someone to have constant attention.

Today I toured the summer palace, an incredible construction of the second of the 3 major chinese dynasties consisting of some 300 hectares. I and Mia were quite the attraction (Mom decided to go shopping instead) as you will see from one of these photos I made a lot of friends.

We capped off the day and night with some peking duck of course, Mia's favourite, and I and Richard then washed that down with some nice black beatle!

See you all soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home